- Grants and Development
- DC, USA
- Full Time
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) has an immediate opening for a Grants & Development Coordinator to work with grantors, sponsors and individual donors to secure and steward external funding for organizational programs and initiatives.
SfN is the world's largest organization of scientists and physicians devoted to advancing understanding of the brain and nervous system.
The Coordinator will support the department's grant proposal submission activities and work with internal staff to obtain required supplemental documentation in support of the proposal. The Coordinator will also assist in researching prospective funding sources, such as foundations, federal agencies, corporations and individual donors.
Working with the Director, the Coordinator will assist with preparing project level budgets and help with preparing grantor reports and sponsor agreements.
The selected candidate will be an excellent communicator and be able to speak effectively before highly educated groups and employees of an organization. The Coordinator will also need to be highly organized with an excellent attention to detail. The candidate must also have the ability to multitask and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
As the Coordinator you will:
- Work as part of a team in support of grant proposal activities, including compliance with solicitation requirements.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Annual Fund.
- Help plan, organize and execute stewardship and cultivation meetings and activities with sponsors and prospective sponsors during the annual meeting.
In addition, we seek candidates with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience with grants and fundraising.
- Experience with federal grant systems, such as Grants.gov, ERA Commons and Fastlane is helpful
- Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply. Please submit a cover letter, your resume, writing sample and salary expectations via our website at www.sfn.org. SfN is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!